- Avoid hypermarkets where they stock only bicycles with plastic molded wheels which break easily.
- Specialty toy stores (e.g. the blue one with a giraffe...) usually stock very limited choices and are overpriced.
- Look for bicycles with inflated rubber tyres and metal-spoked wheels because these provide a more durable and comfortable ride.
- Brakes are vital to your child's safety. Do not compromise on this and go for models with both front and rear rubber brakes. Check that the brake pads are not rubbing the wheel rims by giving the wheels a spin.
- Best choice of bicycles can be found in proper bicycle shops because they have the range of choices and suitable experience to guide you.
It was RM160 well spent, more value for money than other places where you may have to pay at least RM250 for the same features.
If you are in the Jalan Klang Lama area, check out this guy's shop:
57-79, Jalan Hujan Abu 8, Taman Overseas Union, Kuala Lumpur
When Gabriel saw his bike for the first time, his eyes grew so wide you could fit his Bagukan ball inside. Then again, I'm sure the Ben 10 Alien Force cake from Secret Recipe and Ben 10 themed party packs helped a lot as well. :)
Technorati Tags: birthday, present, bicycle, fourth birthday, ben 10, taman overseas union