Friday, March 17, 2006

Milestones

I am writing this for a second time. Not sure what happened but the first post just disappear before I can save it......argh.

…………………………………………………………………………………
Sit On His Own
Gab is able to sit on his own. We are so excited about this. We noticed it a few days ago while he was crawling which he is getting better now…in terms of speed. He will stop on his track, push his hands against the floor and straighten his legs to lift his tummy off the floor. Once on his fours, he will bend his knees and plump his buttocks on the floor and wah lah……he sits up on his own. We are so proud of him.

Self-Soothe Sleeper
Another major milestone for us is that he can self-soothe himself to sleep. That is so amazing to us and we cannot praise God more for making this possible. Gab used to nurse to sleep ever since he was born. And this despite a lot of people and articles have advised strongly against. And we did try the “let-him-cry-it-out” method which really breaks my heart. He looks traumatized and neither of us felt much better. We did that once and I would never do it again. Not even for 5 minutes.

I am so proud to announce that Gab has been self-soothing himself to sleep without any pacifier, rocking, singing, patting and nursing for the past 2 weeks. All he needs is either mummy or daddy to be in the same bed and he will roll around quite a bit, babbles and then he will just fall asleep. One day he will be sleeping on top of me after insisting that I lift him up and place him there, another day he will be sleeping on my arm and once he sleep besides me while holding my fingers. ‘Aww……..’ I just cannot describe that feeling. Priceless.

He still nurse in the morning at 6 plus. But that’s ok, since I need to wake up at 6:30 anyway. I am making it to his ninth month this coming Saturday. Thomas thinks that I should wean since he is such a big boy now, but I guess I will miss nursing him. Especially now when he will nurse and cross and sway his little legs. I think that it is so CUTE. I guess when the time comes I will wean off completely with no problem at all…no engorgement, no upset baby…..another reason to Praise God.

Flashcards
Yesterday night we did something different on our flashcards session. Instead of holding 2 cards and asking Gab “Where is _____?” I laid all 5 cards on the floor and asked him that question. To my surprise he actually crawled and selected the correct card even though it is not the first card that he reaches. Mummy is so proud of you, baby.

Mummy Dearest
Gab also knows how to call me!!!!!!! When I reached Ah Soh’s (babysitter) place, he saw me and started calling “Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma, Ma”. Another priceless event…..Hehehehe.

Technorati Tags: , , , ,

No comments: