Friday, April 14, 2006

Milestones Update 2

Stand Unsupported (For 5 Sec)
It happens just last week when we are at poh poh (my mum) house. We were in the computer room aka my brother’s old home office and Gab was standing while daddy was holding on to him. Then I told my hubby to let him go and he did and Gab did stand on his own for 5 sec before breaking into laughter at his new achievement and losing his balance again. I just can’t wait to see him walking on his own.

I know a lot of people have told me that when he start working it will be more difficult to take care of him since he would not want to sit still or be carried. But aren’t all mothers happy to see their child gaining more independence and achieve great milestones as this. I know I would be delighted. No doubt that I would need to be extra careful, baby-proof the entire house and run after him, but I would not for 1 second for my own comfort and convenient wish that he doesn’t walk soon. My hubby and I will embrace it with our arms open wide.

Hold His Bottle (Without My Help)
This is a bit tricky. He did hold his bottle before when he was 3 to 4 months old briefly and then I usually breastfeed him so didn’t let him practice on bottles that much. Plus the babysitter is a super nice auntie who will willingly do it for him. So I guess he become a teeny bit lazy when it comes to bottle. Besides, I do feel that the Avent bottle is a bit too wide to hold on to.

Nonetheless he did it this week without my hand supporting the bottle. He actually uses both his hands to hold the bottle while he drinks. But I couldn’t resist some assistance when I see that he did not tilt the bottle enough to fill the teat with milk.

GD Maths Program (3 Steps Equation Problem Solving)
Like most adults who start learning maths when we are in schools, I was really apprehensive teaching my son Maths. And I am not talking about just counting 1 to 10 or so on. I am actually talking maths with all the addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, sequence and algebra. I knew I had a tough time last time so you can imagine how I feel teaching my son who is not even 10 months old.

We started the maths program 5 months ago and we did the 3 step equation last week and to our surprise and delight, he got all 3 step equations problem-solving correct. *Yippee*

We started the 4 step equation yesterday, he got it wrong. It was quite confusing because I was using the same number and repeating it 4 times……even myself got a bit confused at one time and not sure if I said it correctly. We will try again tonight and see how it goes.

Brush his teeth
He is exceptionally cute when we give him his little toothbrush and he starts putting it in his mouth and moves it from left to right. Hahahahaha. He really looks like a big boy brushing his teeth. And he will do it again when you ask him to. Guess he caught on the skill as we usually brush his teeth (or more accurately massage his gums) in the morning when he was younger. Children really learn at a lightning speed. Let’s not waste their precious time!

Technorati Tags: , , , , ,

No comments: